Saturday, August 05, 2006

10-year Anniversary

When people say time passes fast...they really do mean it!

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I graduated high school! Wow..I still remember the end of high school....all excited, all full of hope...or just glad we'll be done wearing uniforms! All geared up for what's out there. Waiting to get into college and finally leaving bounded grounds. For a few of us...it's the excitement of leaving home...preparing to leave for foreign land. It all boils down to finding and making one's own life. Making it on our own.

Which begs the question...what have I done with my life since then? What have I achieve? Have I gotten to achieve all the goals I set for myself? It's funny how goals tend to change while you're living your life. What's important then doesn't seem so important after all now. We had timelines...I had timelines..graduate by 21....get a good job and be successful by 25...maybe married by 26...hahah...something like that. Life doesn't work with a timeline..they don't want to succumb to it. Life tend to have a mind of its own. Now that I'm 27....I still think I am young...I still have plenty of time...but yet...I feel old. Weird huh?

To further stomp on the fact that it's been 10 years....I get an invitation for my high school class 10-year reunion! Wonder what everyone's like now...how everyone's life turned out to be. I hope to go but since I am so far out here in some random islands in the middle of the Pacific..I am not sure I'll be able to make it. Do I wanna make it?

No comments: