Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rumble Rumble Earthquake!

Haha...who would have thought that there'll be earthquake here in Hawaii?.....


Sunday Oct,15 2006
7.07am, 6.6 magnitude
7.14 am, 5.8 magnitude
After 10.30 am.... a series of 55 aftershocks.
Power was cut off.... for more than 12 hrs.


Me:
Hhmmmm...the bed is swaying....(peeping out of blanket)..not really...I think the room is swaying... (heard the growling of the earth..just like the movies). Nope...I think it's an earthquake..HHmmm..interesting. (close back eyes and hid under blanket again)
(In my mind...it's not as bad as the earthquake I felt in taipei many years ago...when..at that time I thought there was a ghost in the hotel room!)


Few minutes later.....
ahhh....the building is swaying again. Fun!! (peep out of blanket again).. Feels like being in a cradle..haha. Back and forth..back and forth.


Puff....electricity went off...NOOO...I wonder how long it'll stay off..
I realized how dependent I was to electricity...no tv, no radio (forgot to stock up on batteries), no internet, no hot water or food, cell phone's dying (stupid me..forgot to charge batt)....AHHHHH WHAT TO DO???? - ended up reading and playing board games


9 pm: Puff...YAAYYYYY Electricity's back!

No comments: