Friday, June 08, 2007

Elementary graduation..


Yesterday, I attended my "little sister" Ivana's graduation from elementary school. Can you believe it...? Graduating from 6th grade. I remember when I graduated from 6th grade....It's was simple and unelaborate. Finished National 6th grade examination (UPSR) and then waited for results. That was it. What my friends and I did on our last day? Said goodbye and I'll see you in high school.

So Simple!!

You can understand my surprise by what I experienced yesterday. The ceremony was held in the hall. The Headmistress called out every 6th grade students by name and said something about them. ( I am not sure whether she really knows everyone by name but sure sounds like it). There was performances, video clips of the students and receipt of the diploma. Pretty interesting. After all that, it was time for the lei giving and photo taking outside in the courtyard.

Very Interesting. I guess..Hawaii is so small and people here like to celebrate events, small or large. People will find something to celebrate. Very Ohana.


With her mum Inger

No comments: